Pet transport to Spain
Are you moving to Spain and want to bring your pet? In Relomar we deal with the transfer of animals and pets to Spain, so you can continue enjoying the company of your pet wherever you are.
We handle the transfer of your pets to Spain: Administrative procedures, fees, advice, issuance of certificates, medical-veterinary reviews …
In Relomar we are experts in relocation services, services aimed at orienting those who want to change their residence or move temporarily or permanently to a new destination.
We understand that a pet is a fundamental part of a person’s life, being on more than one occasion, a member of our family. For that reason, we also handle the shipment and transfer of pets.
We cover international pet transport, we move your pet from anywhere in the world.
Our relocation and international pet transport services have a special presence in Spain, where our main delegation operates. If you already reside in Spain or are a Spanish citizen and want to change residence to another city, province within the peninsula or to the Canary Islands and Balearic Islands, we can take care of the transfer of your pet. If you are thinking of moving to Spain from another country in Latin America, Europe, Asia, North America and want to take your pet with you, we will take care of sending your pet to Spain.
What animals do we transport to Spain?
Our international pet transport service to Spain is not only limited to the shipment of domestic animals, but we also accommodate the transport of animals of different species from anywhere in the world to Spain. There are cases in which the shipment of animals such as horses and dogs is requested for breeding, participation in competitions, competitions and exhibitions … Whether your own pets or other animals that you need to transport to Spain (as long as the reason for the transfer do not violate their rights) we can help you in the transport and shipment of your animals to Spain.
Some species of animals that we transport to Spain are:
- Horses: We transport horses to Spain for competitions and horse riding competitions.
- Birds: We take care of the transport of birds for their care and breeding.
- Reptiles: We transport small reptiles like iguanas.
- Rodents: We bring your ferrets, hamsters, chinchillas, rabbits and guinea pigs to Spain.
- Domestic animals: We ship and transport domestic animals such as dogs and cats.
- Aquatic animals: Fish for gardens, ponds or aquariums
Transportation of pets
If you need to send a dog or send a cat to your next place of residence in the Spanish peninsula or in the Canary Islands and Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Ibiza …) we can help you!
We deal with the transport of pets and conventional pets such as dogs and cats. We transport pets to Spain by change of residence or transfer, to ensure that your pet is part of your new home. For the transfer of your pets, cats or dogs, we use carriers adapted to the size of your pets, which allow sufficient ventilation and guarantee the comfort of your pet during the trip to Spain.
Price of transporting pets to Spain
We frequently receive questions such as “How much does it cost to send a dog to Spain?” “What is the price of taking my cat to another country?” The price of transporting or sending a pet to Spain depends on:
- The transport route: The route selected to transport the pet will influence the total price of the service.
- The cost set by the airlines: If the shipment is made by air, the amount that the airline has set for the transport of the pet in the cabin or warehouse must be added to the price.
- Characteristics of the pet: Depending on the species and size of the animal the cost of transportation may vary.
- Origin and destination addresses: The distance between the origin and destination addresses, as well as the ease of transport, will affect the cost of the service.
Data for the transport of pets to Spain
Before collecting the necessary documentation to proceed with the transport of our pets, we must take into account some restrictions:
- Dogs, cats and ferrets less than 3 months old cannot be moved to Spain.
- Pets from Latin American countries may not travel to Spain if they are under 7 months. This restriction will apply depending on the country from which the pet comes.
On the other hand, to carry out the transport of pets to Spain, the following requirements will be required:
- The installation of a microchip that identifies the pet, that complies with the regulations and that allows its reading at the port of entry to Spain.
- The pet must have the rabies vaccine in order.
- The pet should be checked by a veterinarian who assesses its status.
- As documentation to be provided, the following will be necessary: A pet vaccination certificate, an international pet health certificate and a pet export sanitary permit.
Animal transport companies
In Relomar we work with transport agencies, shipping agencies and professional animal transport companies. In this way we ensure that pets travel in good condition and with quality companies that guarantee the welfare of the animals during the trip. In addition, we work with relocation agents in charge of accompanying the pet during its plane trip and receiving it at the end of its transfer.
Pet transport to the main cities of Spain
Our international pet transport services have great support in the main cities of Spain.
If you are a resident in Spanish territory, the Canary Islands or the Balearic Islands, or you are thinking of moving to Spain from another country, we will take your pet to the main Spanish cities. We offer pet transport services in:
- Balearic Islands
- Canary Islands
In addition to working in the main Spanish cities, we can take charge of moving your pet to the town or town of Spain you want.
We have relocation agents and transport agencies to carry out the transport of your pets, track your trip during the journey and reception at the destination address.
Relomar offers pet transport service in the towns and cities of the following Spanish cities:
Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Zaragoza, Córdoba, Granada, Valencia, Toledo, Bilbao, Tarragona, Palma, Burgos, Ávila, La Coruña, Salamanca, Valladolid, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Pamplona, San Sebastián, Santiago de Compostela, Alicante, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Cáceresm Ceuta, Cuenca, Gerona, Oviedo, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Melilla, Logroño, Almería, Teruel, Segovia, Lleida, Albacete, Cádiz, Soria, Castellón de la Plana, Lugo, Jaén, Ciudad Real, Guadalajara, León, Gijón, Huelva, Málaga, Santander, Huesca, Orense, Zamora, Badajoz.