Import of vehicles to Spain
If you want to bring your vehicle to Spain from your country for a temporary or permanent change of residence, in Relomar we can help you!
We take care of transporting your vehicle to any point in Spain. We import your vehicle to any city: Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Seville … or any other destination in Spain.
Requirements to import vehicles in Spain
The first step to import your vehicle to Spain is to meet a series of requirements necessary for its transportation. An import of vehicles is a relatively simple process and if from the beginning we know the necessary conditions to carry out the importation there will be hardly any inconvenience during the process.
Approval of a foreign vehicle in Spain
To import your vehicle to Spain and that it can circulate in Europe, it will be necessary to homologate your car or motorcycle. After the arrival of your vehicle in Spain, a team of engineers will be in charge of checking the vehicle prior to the ITV inspection. But first, you must ensure that the approval of your vehicle in Spain is possible. If the vehicle cannot be homologated, you will not be able to drive with it, so we recommend as a first requirement to ensure that your car, motorcycle, caravan, trailer or truck is an homologated vehicle.
Documentation to import vehicles to Spain
After verifying that the vehicle is homologated or its approval can be made in Spain, the next thing we will have to get is the documentation that proves the ownership of the vehicle and allows the vehicle to enter Spain legally:
- Contract of sale: To bring a vehicle to Spain we will have to provide the contract of sale that justifies the purchase of the vehicle on behalf of the owner. In this, the price of the vehicle, the conditions of sale and the characteristics of the car or motorcycle must be detailed. If the vehicle was purchased from an individual, the identification data of the previous owner must be included in the contract of sale.
- Vehicle documentation: It will also be necessary to provide the technical data sheet of the vehicle.
- COC or European homologation password: The European Certificate of Conformity is a document that declares conformity with the European homologation of vehicles and whose possession guarantees the circulation through the European Union. This document will be issued by the manufacturer and the vehicle owner must have it. In the case of not having the COC or a European homologation password provided by the vehicle manufacturer, the owner will have to carry out an individual homologation.
Technical Vehicle Inspection (ITV) import to Spain
When the vehicle has been moved to Spain you will need to pass your first ITV. The ITV is carried out to verify that the vehicle meets the standards required to drive. Checks will be carried out to verify that the vehicle imported into Spain is suitable from the point of view of road safety and the environment.
These are the necessary documents to pass the ITV:
- Driving license
- Vehicle technical inspection card
- CoC (Certificate of Conformity of the European Community)
Registration of foreign vehicles in Spain
After verifying that the import vehicle is homologated in Spain and having made the transfer we will follow a series of steps to register the vehicle:
- Gather the documentation: Contract of sale of the vehicle, the technical sheet of the vehicle and the certificate of conformity (COC)
- Request sworn translation of documents
- Pass the ITV
- Get model 576 at Hacienda
- Get the 300, 309 or ITP forms
- Pay the Circulation Tax
- Ask the DGT for an appointment
- Purchase license plates
Registration process of a vehicle imported to Spain
1st Once the car has been unloaded in our warehouses, our collegiate engineer will personally visit and check the car to verify if it needs any physical change (engine, lights, etc.) to adapt it to European regulations and thus pass the Technical Inspection of the Vehicle ( ITV). With the same visit, you will collect the necessary documentation to issue what is called a Reduced Technical Sheet, essential to continue with the registration procedures.
2nd Since the vehicle cannot circulate with the plates that it brings from origin, it will be necessary to process the temporary plates or green plates, valid up to 60 days; as well as insurance with special coverage, since the vehicle will make several trips to the ITV and surely to the corresponding workshop to adapt it to European regulations.
3rd Transport of the car to the workshop and make the necessary modifications to adapt it to European regulations (if necessary).
4th Transport of the car to the ITV (Technical Inspection of the vehicle) and carry out the inspection. Subsequently, the necessary documents will be collected to continue with the registration and registration.
5th Payment of the Registration Tax. It does not apply in case of acceptance of the Change of Residence and the procedures are carried out within 60 days after the issuance of the import DUA where the Franchise is recorded. You must make an appointment at the Delegation of Finance to which the owner belongs and submit the following documentation:
- All the necessary documents for the acceptance of the Change of Residence (see detail below).
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle, translated into Spanish by a sworn translator and containing the taxes paid.
- Reduced vehicle data sheet
6th Payment of the Circulation Tax, quarterly or annual payment.
7th Vehicle registration. It is managed by our advisor.
8th Placing White Plates.
9th Recruitment of definitive insurance.
How much does it cost to bring a vehicle to Spain?
In Relomar we take into account the characteristics of your vehicle and study all the conditions to offer you the best price to bring your vehicle to Spain.
The price of importing a vehicle to Spain will depend on several factors:
- Type of vehicle: If the vehicle is a car, a motorcycle, a caravan, a trailer, a truck …
- Vehicle location: The cost of bringing a vehicle to Spain will also depend on the origin of the vehicle. Importing a vehicle from a country from Europe to Spain will be cheaper than importing a car from North America, South America, Asia or Oceania. The distance from the country from which the car is imported to Spain will also influence even if it is in Europe. The closer the country of Spain is, in theory, the less transport time, the easier to move the vehicle and the less expensive it will be. Also, the price of importing a car from Germany will not be the same as importing a car from France.
- Other circumstances: The political and geographical circumstances of the country of origin of the vehicle will condition the import price of a car or motorcycle into Spain. It will be necessary to take into account the situation of customs and borders.
- Route of transport: Another factor that influences the cost of importing a vehicle to Spain is the route by which it moves. The vehicle can be transported by sea, air or land.
- Vehicle range: The model and brand of the vehicle will also affect the import price. It will not cost the same to bring a luxury car or a foreign car to Spain, than to import a second-hand car or a used car.
Types of import vehicles
There are many types of vehicles that can be imported into Spain: Cars, motorcycles, caravans, trailers, trucks … However, the vehicles with the highest import rate to Spain are cars.
From luxury cars, classic cars, collector cars, second-hand or used cars, foreign vehicles … If you bring your vehicle to Spain by change of residence or want to import a car from another model purchased in another country, in Relomar we have with necessary means to import your vehicle.
- Classic cars: Classic cars by their manufacture and design allude to another era. They can be collectible cars. Some are considered historic cars but not all classic cars are historic cars. They should not be confused with old cars or old cars.
- Second-hand cars: They are cars of individuals and dealers. They have occasion prices and purchase and sale transactions are made with them.
- Foreign cars: These are new vehicles bought abroad, whose model is not available in the country of residence. They can be imported to Spain: German cars, American cars, Swiss cars, French cars, Japanese cars …
- Luxury cars: High-end vehicles such as sports cars and cars of exclusive design that belong to major brands such as Tesla, Maserati, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Mclaren …
Import of vehicles to the main cities of Spain
In Relomar, we import foreign vehicles from any part or country of the world to the main cities of Spain:
- Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia
- Seville, Malaga, Cádiz
- Balearic Islands: Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, etc.
- Canary Islands: Las Palmas, Tenerife, Lanzarote …